It’s that time of year again, friends…. Time to release my list of things that I want to do in the upcoming year.
Last year, I made a list of 33 things to do and completed 21 of them. 63%… not too shabby. For those who are following along, I also completed 21 items on my list for 2012… but there were 51 items on that list (42%). I’m hoping to do better this year and really achieve some exciting things… Here’s the list in no particular order! Happy New Year!
1. Complete Couch to 5k program <This has been on the list for the past 2 years… 2014 is the year this gets done because of #2.
2. Run 5k race during Ottawa Race Weekend <Already signed up, just need to run it.
3. Get my G2 <This has also been on the list for 2 years.
4. Start a Shopify Store
5. Blog Every Week <Last year, I wrote 31 posts. Be prepared for more!
6. Send more paper mail (even though stamps are jumping up in price)
7. Learn to play the ukulele
8. Adopt a puppy
9. Complete the decluttering of my apartment. If I don’t use it or don’t need it, it can go!
10. Quilting Project! More on this in a future post – It’s going to be a year long quilting project. Super excited about it.
11. Improve posture
12. Fill Up the wine fridge <It holds 30 bottles, it currently has 7 in it.
13. Improve French Skills
14. Finish gift for Dave
15. Go out for Ethiopian food
16. Make preserves of some kind (jam, pickles, doesn’t matter)
17. Wake Up earlier on weekdays
18. Make dinner more often
19. Get reffing derby
20. Read any books that I currently own that are unread <See photo below… Just realized that these are almost all books that I picked up from work and have read little bits of, but have not finished. Also, in my Kobo – Tim Ferris’ 4-Hour Workweek.
21. Buy Nothing Month (not November)
22. Buy summer produce at the Farmer’s Market – not the grocery store
23. Small town weekend adventure
24. Find the best place to live
25. Go to a shooting range
26. No Phone Weekend (Friday sundown to Monday sun-up)
27. Get back into yoga
28. Learn how to juggle
29. Donate blood
30. Visit Scenic Caves (Collingwood)
31. Go Zip-lining
32. Host a clothing swap (Lady-friend Jes Lacasse is moving away – someone’s got to carry on)
33. Finish at least 2 currently unfinished craft projects I have in storage
34. Make pho from scratch.
Looks like I’m capping it at 34 this year folks. Makes sense. Wishing you all a wonderfully happy new year and the best 2014 possible!