I’m a big smoothie fan. I have one every day at work – they’re always delicious, well-made, and healthy. But then I get to the weekend and I don’t have smoothies and I get just a little bit sad (smoothie sad, not serious sad). All of that is about to change my friends! Over the holidays, I have acquired tools with which to make my own smoothies. Hooray!
I am now the proud owner of a NutriBullet. It’s not fancy – It’s essentially a higher powered MagicBullet with a fancier blade, but it will do the trick! Ignoring all of the recipes for smoothies in the NutriBullet handbook, I did some experimenting this afternoon… and as I write this, I’m enjoying a delicious kale-pineapple-berry-flax smoothie. It’s greener than any smoothie I have ingested before, but definitely a tasty treat. And it took no time at all to make! I may liquefy all of my meals from now on.
If you have a favourite smoothie recipe, pass it along!
One thought on “That’s So Smoothie”
If you’re in a chocolatey protein mood:
Chocolate almond milk
Banana (or half depending on how banana-y you’d like it)
a tbsp-ish of peanut butter, almond butter or other nut butter
My imitation of the Sonic Soy from Booster Juice:
– Frozen blueberries
– Greek Plain (or vanilla) Yogurt
– A couple frozen strawberries
– Half a banana if I feel like it
– Vanilla Soy or Almond milk
(Basically you want blueberry and vanilla- YUM!)
I always have availiable and you can create in the morning:
– Blueberries (I buy frozen in bulk)
– Mangoes (I buy frozen in bulk)
– Strawberries (I buy frozen in bulk)
– Raspberries (I buy frozen in bulk)
– Yogurt (I do plain greek)
– Milk (soy, almond, rice whatever you prefer in any flavour)
And if you want, I recently found out you can make your own almond milk!