Doesn’t matter what it is… if it is featured in an infomercial, I probably have it or want it.
On a recent adventure with some lady friends, I purchased a Shake Weight on a whim. I don’t usually put a lot of stock in infomercial exercise equipment, but the price was right, so I figured that I would give it a shot.
So now I have a Shake Weight… and I’ve been using it every day. It’s a ridiculous thing, but it makes my arms tired, so maybe there is something to it. I’ll keep on trying it out and let you know how it goes.
I was going to put up a video of me testing it out for your viewing pleasure, but luckily I had some technical issues getting it to post, so there will not be a video of my making a fool of myself. Instead, I took a photo of it not being used.
Fun facts that I learned about the Shake Weight after becoming the owner of a Shake Weight.
1. You need to hold it at least 6 inches from your face while using it to avoid horrible Shake Weight related injuries.
2. While in use, it sounds like there is a heavy breather in the room.
3. The science behind it is called “dynamic inertia”… but basically, it’s just something you shake and have to keep shaking. It’s not battery operated… it needs your motion to work.
4. On each end there is a shiny mirror like surface so that you can make really intense faces at yourself while using it.
5. Everyone knows what it is, but I don’t know anyone else who owns one.
So that’s what I know about the Shake Weight. So far, it makes my arms tired and makes me laugh… we’ll find out soon if it lives up to it’s claims of “shaking my way to firm and fabulous arms”.