I’m not usually big on resolutions. In the past, I have made resolutions, haven’t had a plan and haven’t been motivated to follow through with the plan.
This year, I have made some goals.. Inspired by lady-friend Jes Lacasse (www.jeslacasse.com) I came up with a list of 51 things that I would like to accomplish in 2012. Some of them are big, some of them are smaller and easier to manage, some of them are changes that I would like to try but may not adopt completely.
I’ll publish my list – and update it with any successes. Should I decide to add to the list during the year, I’m giving myself the flexibility to do so.
- Cut out negative people/influences – I’ll elaborate a bit on this one… It’s important to me that I surround myself with people and activities that have a positive influence in my life. People who are unnecessarily hateful or negative have no place in my life and so I will phase them out this year and put my energy into the events, things and people who bring a smile to my face.
- Bring lunch to work.
- Clean up lunch boxes and stuff upon arrival at home for next day’s use
- Sleep More
- Finish Grandma’s gift
- Frame Grandma’s gift
- Give Grandma her gift at Christmas 2012
- Call Mom and Dad and Grandma every week
- Complete Couch to 5K
- Write 5-10 LinkedIn recommendations for former or current colleagues without being asked
- Make a will
- Read at least 1 book every 2 weeks
- Declutter/organize apartment
- Have a Yard Sale/Kijiji sale
- Send a piece of written mail every week
- Sing at karaoke – I have adopted this horrible habit of watching instead of singing when I go.
- Wash dishes after dinner right away
- Attend my 10 year Homecoming with Tuuli and the girls
- Write a new play
- Take a vacation week during Ottawa Fringe so that I can see even more shows
- Blog more consistently
- Complete the 300 Logic puzzles book. All 300 puzzles – no cheating or peeking at the answer code :)
- Mass Minimum skills testing with Capital City Derby Dolls
- Pick a really awesome derby name
- Purchase a fun derby outfit to celebrate passing min skills testing
- Track migraines more diligently – find triggers and avoid
- Try eating foods that I would normally avoid because “I don’t like them” (ex: cucumbers, eggplant, black olives, coffee, etc…) Note: I have already started on this one! Have eaten Smoked Salmon, Cucumbers and Black Olives in the past 3 days
- Donate 8 completed quilts to Victoria’s Quilts
- Watch Six Feet Under
- Make the bed
- Open Etsy store for Quilting/Sewing items
- Water the plants so that they don’t die
- Get my G2 licence
- Take driving lessons
- Buy a new mattress
- Support local businesses and friend’s businesses as much as possible
- Buy/Make Christmas gifts throughout the year instead of on December 23rd
- Purchase quality, classic clothing
- Make at least 3 dresses from scratch and wear them
- No Pants November – Blog it this time instead of just doing it
- Print and Frame our best NYC shots
- Make something out of chain maille
- Make a habit of always taking off my make up before bed.
- Wear the red thing in public – 10 years after having worn it in public for the last time.
- Drink more wine
- Organize a regular date night with D
- Choose a month and have a “Buy Nothing Month” (exception: food and items needed to live)
- Clean out Make Up case – toss anything old or unwearable
- Drink more water
- Make the balcony more liveable and enjoy it throughout the summer (or all year if possible)
- Learn how to play an instrument
That’s the list so far. Additions may come forth as I think of them.
Have a safe and happy New Year! I wish you success in anything that you wish you try this year!